School Leaders for Change (SLFC) can aid school districts, administrators and teachers to navigate the new and many educational changes facing them. Because of the unprecedented onslaught of recent federal and state initiatives, it has become overwhelmingly difficult for educators to focus on their primary responsibility which is to educate and nurture young people. SLFC can help do the following:
- Identify, clarify and explain these new initiatives and changes and their potential impact on the school community.
- Provide direct support to school boards, school personnel and parents in the implementation of new federal and local mandates
during these changing times.
- Explicitly link the new changes to student learning and achievement.
Topics, services, workshops and professional development activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Common Core Standards Initiative
- Merit Pay/Pay for Performance – Pros/Cons and Possible Models
- Seniority – Last In/First Out (LIFO) – Finding and Developing Alternatives
- Designing Effective Evaluation Tools for Teachers
- Data Analysis and Data Driven Instruction
- Coaching/Mentoring for New Teachers and Administrators
- Developing Inclusion Programs for Students with Disabilities
- Strategies for Closing the Achievement Gap and Increasing Graduation Rates
- Classroom Management
- Developing Community Partnerships
- Long Term District Planning
- Curriculum Writing
- Grant Writing
- Fiscal Planning
- Parent Training
Professionals are available to provide the services districts are seeking. These professionals include retired superintendents of schools, district administrators, principals and teachers. SLFC is constantly reviewing, anticipating and preparing services to aid and support school districts and personnel during these changing times.